Monday, August 18, 2008

Law Widow Update

Dave has been extremely busy with finals the last couple of weeks so as you can imagine it's been pretty uneventful for us at home. I really have been a "law widow". He has his last final on Wednesday and we are planning on spending some relaxing quality time together after that. I'm really proud of him and I know he will do well. 

Work has been going well. The HR department there does a "You Rock" raffle. Managers hand out "You Rock" slips to employees when they feel like they have gone the extra mile with something. Every month there is a drawing and I won the raffle for the month of July. They gave me a $100 Target gift card and a "You Rock" pin (Hard Rock is really in to their pins). Can you believe that next month will mark my 1 year anniversary working there? Time is flying. 

During Dave's break from school we are going to take a sushi class at a restaurant in Balboa Park. I'm pretty excited because as you may know Dave and I LOVE sushi. 

Well, I just wanted to write some kind of an update even though there isn't much to update. I will make sure to take pictures during Dave's break and I will post them next week. Hope all is well!

PS... My brother and my mom suggested a book to me called "The Mastery Of Love" by Don Miguel Ruiz. It was a good book. I recommend it. 

PSS... The hummingbird flew around the feeder but never actually made contact with it. 

SHANDIE

No comments: