Friday, August 22, 2008
Finals finally over.
I finished my last final of this semester this past Wednesday. My school does a good job of predicting the difficulty of each exam and ordered them from least difficult to most difficult. I think they were right. My last exam was business organizations, which is a four hour class (compared to a three hour class) and also allows the professor to use four hours for the exam rather than the usual three. My professor did exactly that and I was waist deep in exam material from 8:00 am to noon. Long exam. It helped that I enjoyed the class. The material itself has grown in importance in the past decade. Not only has there been a lot of new rules and precautions taken because of the Enron debacle, but the growing popularity of LLCs and LLPs have brought new statutory material all across the board. My professor said that the last bar tested on LLCs for the first time last time and she might start doing that soon. Well, that's exactly what she did. The exam started with two entrepreneurs, coming together to form an LLC, who entered into a contract and a loan that were contested, a bank bringing a defaulted loan claim and a plaintiff bringing a "piercing the corporate veil" claim, afterwards they filed their articles of incorporation to become a closely held corporation, board member meeting required both procedure and substantive analysis with interested directors, then the corporation went public with an ensuing shareholder suit for an alleged Securities Act 10b-5 fraud, and finishing with an insider trading issue. Yeah, it was a lot of material. Thankfully I felt like I knew it all, my hard work all semester paying off. Now I finally get to spend time with Shandie-pants which makes me happy. -Dave
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad finals went well, are over for you, and Shandie doesn't have to be a "widow" anymore--I feel your pain Shandie, really I do. Have fun together!!
Post a Comment