Friday, May 9, 2008

This is why you should leave things to the professionals.

In order to try and save some money I decided that I would dye my own hair. I bought a highlighting kit for $7 and followed the directions as best I could. When I washed the dye out it my hair ended up being a horrible orange-ish color. I spent the next hour trying to find a salon that could fix it immediately. We ended up walking to a salon that Dave walks by on his way to and from school called C13 Salon. There is a stylist there named Emily. She couldn't get me in last night but she came in early this morning to get me fixed up. It took 3 hours but I have normal looking hair now. Some things are best left to the professionals!
This is the before picture. The orange color isn't as obvious in this but either way this doesn't look good. I look like a blonde zebra or something.
After 3 long hours in the salon fixing it.
Don't mind the ornery face. I was really tired and I didn't want Dave to take a picture but this is the best one I have right now of the new hair.

These are just some random pictures from the last couple of weeks.
This is a picture that Dave took
A picture I took while we were out
Dave

1 comment:

Mavis Hartwell said...

Hi Shandie,
Heard you had a great birthday. I meant to tell you how much you looked like Nancy Grace, a lady reporter on National News program. The one where you had your face bending down.