Monday, May 19, 2008

Natural Gas Explosion & Las Vegas Pictures

After a fun 3 days off for my birthday weekend I went back to work (unwillingly) this morning. It was getting close to the end of my shift when all of the sudden there was a HUGE explosion. Everyone in the restaurant stopped talking and started looking out of the windows. I walked out with a few people I work with to see what was going on. Everyone in the surrounding restaurants were also starting to walk outside to look around. We walked to an intersection and saw a building about a half mile away with some white smoke rising above it. It turns out that there was a natural gas explosion at a Hilton hotel that was under construction. You can read about it and see pictures at www.nbcsandiego.com. It was so loud! I thought that a bomb had gone off.

Our Las Vegas trip was a lot of fun. It wasn't long enough and it made me sad to have to say goodbye to my dad and Pat. I miss the convenience of having family close by. Here are some of the pictures that we took:
Dave, Me, Dad, Pat, Josh
The view from our hotel room at the Stratosphere
The fountains at the Belagio
Inside of the BelagioJosh
Pat & Dad
Me & DaveInside the Stratosphere at the Top of the World Restaurant
The Vegas strip from the observation deck of the Stratosphere
X-SCREAM! Dave & Josh are on the 2nd row from the front. (If you haven't seen this ride check it out here.
This is my poor dad standing as close to the door as he could while Dave and Josh went on the X-Scream. My dad is just a little afraid of heights.

Thanks again to everyone who sent me wonderful birthday wishes! I had a great birthday!

2 comments:

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Looks like you had a great b-day with family and friends! Good to see Josh around as well.

Anonymous said...

oh i wish i could've came. i miss you guys.