I just got back from taking Sadie to the vet to get her stitches out. Her tail hasn't completely healed and the veterinarian said that we need to keep her in her cone at least until Saturday. I feel bad for her but her spirits are up. She seems to get around just fine with the cone on and she acts like her normal self. I really hope that we can get the cone off before the baby comes.

As for me, I'm still pregnant and I'm still in the boot. At my last foot appointment the doctor said that he wants me to stay in the boot because my foot is healing slowly. He doesn't want me to risk re-breaking it and needing surgery, especially with a newborn baby. It makes sense but it's still discouraging. Walking is difficult enough without the boot. (Just a warning for any of you that might see me any time soon, please don't make fun of the way I walk. I was able to have a sense of humor about this when it first happened but now it's just incredibly frustrating and irritating.)
Now on to the pregnancy. We are just counting down the days now and have 16 days left until Maya's due date of the 28th. We went to the doctor on Monday the 10th and he said that I am 1 centimeter dilated and 80% effaced, so it looks she might come a little sooner. I really hope that she does because I'm over being pregnant. It has gotten to the point where I'm just uncomfortable all of the time.
Anyway, I'll try to get some pictures posted of the nursery soon. Hope all is well with everyone else!
No comments:
Post a Comment