Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy 24th

It's kind of weird that we won't be celebrating the 24th of July this year in Utah. I will miss hanging out with family and watching fireworks. But, that isn't to say that I won't be experiencing my own interesting "sights" tonight. I will be at work during the madness that is called COMIC CON. It has officially begun today and 25,000 people will be in the downtown area. Here's a link to the website that explains what's going on: www.comic-con.org
As you know I work pretty close to the convention center where all of this is going on. I had a preview of how the rest of the weekend will be last night so I can tell you that I will probably be tired and frustrated. I am looking forward to seeing people dressed up in their costumes though. If I can sneak a few pictures I will post them.
Just so everyone knows I went to orientation and registered for classes. I am excited to get my foot in the door and start learning again. It's better late than never and I am really glad that I have such a good influence in my life that has inspired me to do more.

Well, hope that everyone has a safe evening and I will write more soon.

SHANDIE

No comments: