Monday, January 25, 2010

First Doggie Crisis

On Saturday Dave and I decided to go out for a quick shopping trip. We were gone for about an hour, during which time our dog Sadie managed to find my box of iron supplements, tear it open and eat about 20 to 30 supplements. When we got home we saw the mess and hurried and called the vet who told us we had to bring her in because too much iron can be toxic for a dog. We spent the next couple of hours sitting at the vet's office while they took her back and induced vomiting. They told us that she vomited about 6 or 7 times so we are pretty sure that we got most of the iron out of her system. She goes back to the vet on Tuesday and they are going to check her iron levels just to make sure that she is okay. Needless to say the whole ordeal made me cry because I felt so bad every time I thought about her sad little face just puking her guts out. Luckily I have a sweet husband who helped me feel better. As for Sadie, she seems to be back to normal.


1 comment:

angie said...

Sadie is now going to know how to give you that look, that will just tug at your heart!