Tuesday, April 7, 2009

4/4/09 - MS Walk

Dave and I participated in the MS Walk on Saturday. My mom, aunt and nephew spent the weekend with us and participated in the walk as well. Thanks to everyone who helped us raise $515! If you would still like to donate you can do so until May 29. Please go to this website: www.mswalk.com/mightywalkers2009.

Registration for the walk started at 7:30am. After a cloudy day on Friday it was nice to wake up and see that the sun came out in time for the walk.
MS has officially adopted the color orange for it's cause (just like pink is used for breast cancer). We had been shopping the day before when I found these AWESOME orange shorts and sunglasses.
Event organizers expected nearly 4,000 people to participate in the walk this year. They had booths set up with refreshments that had all been donated.
Our team photo. We are expecting this team to be much larger next year when we are back home in Utah.
The walk was 3 miles. I'm not sure if Shane made it through a whole mile. Uncle Dave and Grandma Angie carried him through most of it.
They did have a few things set up for the kids and this playground was Shane's favorite part of the MS Walk.

My mom and my aunt Pat arrived on April 1st and stayed until the 5th. It was really nice to have them here to participate in the walk and to spend the weekend together. The following pictures are from the rest of the weekend.

Aunt Pat and my mom came into my work on Thursday for some breakfast.
After I got off work we headed over to Seaport Village for some shopping and sight seeing.
We spent Friday at Sea World.
Grandma Angie bought Shane this sword. After this day I came to the realization that they shouldn't sell swords at Sea World.
SHAMU!!
I took this picture and I am proud of it.

4 comments:

Mers said...

I'll totally do it with you next year in UTAH! Looks like a great time and definitely a worthy cause.
Love you!
Mers

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

How great! And I LOVE your accent orange shorts and sunglasses--so cool! Looks like Shane had a wonderful time at Sea World too. Glad your mom and aunt could join you in beautiful SD!

angie said...

Shandie and Dave Thank you so much we had such a great time! You guys were wonderful to take so much of your time to help. I love you both so much and miss you already.
Love you Mom

angie said...

Shandie I guess I should have waited to buy the sword at the end of the day, oh well you know me such a sucker when it comes to the grandkids. Love you!