Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Blog with Pictures

WARNING: Long and overdue blog ahead.

Dave and I had a great time in Utah visiting family and celebrating the holidays. We arrived on December 18th and were lucky enough to see Meg, J.R., Alyssa and baby James before they had to go back home to Texas.
Alyssa and J.R. (well, his feet anyway)
Cute baby James. He is only 5 weeks old and it was our first time meeting him.
Here is Alyssa eating yogurt and wearing Grandma Mary Lou's apron. She was super shy when we first arrived but by the end of the night she was a little chatter box. Sometimes we could understand her and other times she spoke her own language. She is fun to listen to either way.

ROCK BAND GET TOGETHER 12/19/08
On the 19th a few of my friends got together at my mom's house to play some Rock Band. My good friend Robbie, who I've known since 5th grade, brought over his equipment and we rocked out all night long. Literally. I think we finally stopped around 2am.
Robbie and Marcy (who stayed up with us even though I'm sure she was ready to go home by 11pm. Thanks for sticking it out Marcy! We had a blast.)
Robbie and Jenny. (PS. We are all amateurs at this game but Robbie plays expert on every instrument. He takes this very seriously.)
At least we know that if the law thing doesn't work out Dave could pursue a career as a drummer. It is his favorite instrument to play.
Josh pulling his guitar face.
I'm not sure what Dave was singing but he looks pretty serious about it. Robbie doesn't look like he's enjoying it though. :)

PAT'S FAMILY CHRISTMAS PARTY 12/20/08
Once again, we were lucky to have the time in Utah to visit as much family as possible. We went to the Johnson's Christmas party which was held at Pat's brother Scott's house. It was a lot of fun and it was a pretty crowded house.Me with my dadDave talking to Virgil (Pat's dad). Virgil really enjoys the conversations that he has with Dave.
Once Santa showed up Charlie was first in line to be one of his helpers. But, don't let this picture fool you, he isn't as sweet and innocent as he looks... ;) I'm kidding Jess, sort of.
My dad and Pat.
Codi and her boyfriend Kevin. I thought her sweater was cute but Dave asked her if she was sponsoring Peptol Bismol because of how bright the pink was. He's such a punk.Johnson family photo.On the RARE moments that you can get Cam to pose for a picture they turn out really cute. This is Trish and Cam and I think it is a great picture.
Alicia and Drake (newly engaged as of 12/24/08)

CHRISTMAS EVE PAJAMA PARTY 12/24/08
Every year we have a pajama party at my dad's on Christmas Eve. Sometimes we exchange socks and sometimes we exchange pajamas. Sometimes people are nice and sometimes they aren't. Can you guess who bought the joke pajamas this year?This is Jessica and Charlie in the morning playing the Wii. Charlie loves it when he wins but he really hates it when he loses. (Also, this is Charlie pre-haircut.)Jess and Charlie baked and decorated cookies making sure to leave a couple out for Santa Claus.
Dave and my cousin Brandon. These are the pajamas I was talking about earlier. Dave bought them for Trish. They reminded me of the pajama's that Wendy wore in 'Peter Pan'.
Of course, we had to take a pajama picture next to the Christmas tree.
Charlie, Sean and Gaige opening their Christmas presents. Dave and my cousin Chad posing preciously together.


CHRISTMAS DAY!
We spent Christmas at the Holman's. It was fun to be with Jennie, Rich, Miles, Eliza, Sean and baby Jackson and watch the kids get so excited to see what Santa had left for them.
I loved the boys and these helmets. This is Rich with Sean as he was trying to put his helmet on. I'm not sure what kind of helmets they are (although I believe they have something to so with Star Wars) and I know that little Miles would be annoyed that I don't know the proper name for them.
Eliza with her princess presents. She is a little princess herself. The only girl in a family with 3 boys. I remember being the only girl growing up.... oh dear.
Baby Jackson; another nephew that Dave and I got to meet for the first time. He's such a smiley baby! Jennie is holding him and I feel bad because I didn't get any pictures of her facing forward. This is little Miles with Grandpa Miles and the wonderful Star Wars helmets.
This is Mary Lou still in a state of shock at the present that Miles gave her. It's a beautiful diamond bracelet.Even without the actual Rock Band equipment Dave finds ways to improvise.

Later that day we headed over to the Manning's house to spend time together and eat, of course.
Here he is, high school celebrity NATE MANNING! Nate plays guitar and sings and is very good at it. He was forced to play for us this evening and he kicked butt.A candid photo of Matt who recently returned from his mission to Chihuhua, Mexico. It was the first time I had seen him in a little over 2 years.
Dave and his cousin Rebecca. I love this photo.

DECEMBER 26TH - MOM'S DAY!
Due to the success of last year, we decided to celebrate Christmas with my mom on the 26th again this year. It was so much fun and stress free!
We started the day out visiting my Grandma and Grandpa Hartwell.
Me with my Grandma Hartwell. Cal in his fedora hat talking with my Grandpa.Another ADORABLE picture. This is my mom and baby Braxton. Ren and Brook watching something.. I'm not sure what.
My Grandpa.My nephew Shane with his big-boy backpack full of school supplies. Brook and Braxton. I think he was probably sick of the camera flash. Kallie and Braxton.And, of course, the lovely snow storm we came home to. It snowed all night on Christmas. Cal shoveling.Ren taking it a little further with the big-boy toys.PRESENT TIME. I think my mom's tree topped all other trees this year.
When I took this pictureI already had the caption in mind. Can you tell that Dave was raised in a family full of women as he explains the features of the Kitchen Aid mixer to everyone? I loved this and I'm glad he didn't know I was taking this picture. Braxton. Sometimes the wrapping paper is more fun than the toys that come in it.
This is my brother Jarid teaching my mom how to play Wii bowling. She got a Wii for Christmas.Deryk and Casey stopped in while we were there and it was really nice to see them. I didn't get a picture of Jordyn unfortunately but she is just as cute as ever.

DECEMBER 27TH - NUTCRACKER DAY & HOLMAN/MANNING/BEKKER PARTY.Me with Rebecca.
Delsie, Jim, Miles and Mary Lou.Nate rocking out with the present that I bought for him. Megan, John, Nate. Can you beleive that Megan is only in the 8th grade? It's a good thing she has 3 big brothers who I am sure are very protective of her. I just feel bad for the man she will marry one day. I'm sure her brothers will give him the hardest time!Marianne and Jonathan.William, Jim, Rebecca, Ann, Jackson
Jon & Dave as Dave attempts to have a tender moment.
Chime time! Mary Lou and Katie.Lauren and her tooth. How lucky can one girl get? A visit from Santa and the tooth fairy all in one week!

DECEMBER 28TH - HOLMAN SIBLING GIFT DAY.
This was the longest Christmas ever! We had fun though.
Camille & Sean
Curtis and Ben
Me and Eliza
Grandpa KenMarianne and Miles
Well.... I think you get the idea.



Well, that is it for me, since I've been blogging this for 2 hours. I will leave you with a New Year's quote.

A happy New Year! Grant that I
May bring no tear to any eye
When this New Year in time shall end
Let it be said I've played the friend,
Have lived and loved and labored here,
And made of it a happy year.
~Edgar Guest








5 comments:

M & ML said...

Marianne and I have been enjoying your blog! You seem to have captured the essence of the holiday spirit with your comments. Well done! XOML

Sarah C said...

That was a great post! It looks like you had a blast in Utah. I am glad you were able to be with your friends and family for the holidays.

Anonymous said...

of course another flattering picture of my double chin...hopefully people will just notice my cute kid! love you and miss you!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

SO fun!! I love all the photos! You give the best presents--they are always so creative. You guys really packed it in while visiting Utah. So glad we got to see you guys as well.

Mers said...

Loved the blog update. You really are so good at taking pictures. Glad you guys came for Christmas...can't wait until next time you are in town!