1. Constitutional Law II - This is part two of the full year of Constitutional Law. This semester we deal with the anti-segregation cases as well as Freedom of Speech cases and Freedom of Religion/Establishment cases. So far the race based cases are extremely interesting, however, they can be discouraging at times. You constantly have to remind yourself that you have to forgive prior generations because we ourselves are guilty of such atrocities in today's world as well.
2. Evidence - Yes, I waited until my final year to take evidence, but I'm glad I did. Evidence is interesting, however, I feel that they could eliminate the case reading and merely have us memorize the rules by themselves. I'm fine with that approach and the cases are long and boring and cough up such miniscule nuggets of information.
3. Conflict of Laws - This course focuses on figuring out what law should apply when a plaintiff or defendant bring a claim that could have out of state implications. More than just the Erie doctrine, conflict of laws is a Utah Bar Exam course and is about as plain-jane as a subject could be.
4. Family Law - This course has quickly become my favorite. The Professor is no-nonsense, sharp-as-a-tack 60+ year old woman who isn't afraid to review and question the most difficult and interesting material. Again, this is a Utah Bar Exam subject but I hope that it will prove beneficial to me in my career.
5. STEPPS - This is part 2 of my advanced legal writing and professional responsibility class. The first half was exceptionally centered around real-world issues and work product as well as technological integrated exercises. Additionally, our small class Professors are taught by young attorneys that practice in law firms located downtown.
+So these are my classes. Let me know if you have any comments or questions.
No comments:
Post a Comment