Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Hi everyone! (Shandie here.) I promised to put up pictures from our Thanksgiving weekend. I only took a few pictures of my own Jarid (my brother) was here and he brought his camera. He copied the pictures that he took to my computer and now I have about 600 pictures to pick through (which is why it's taken me a little while to post this). He loves taking pictures and I think he is really good at it.
This Thanksgiving my dad and my brother decided to come down for a visit. It was my dad's first time in San Diego and we were all looking forward to a really relaxing day. Instead of cooking a huge dinner we decided to go to Karl Strauss Brewery and eat there. They were offering a traditional turkey dinner with all of the fixings (mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and green beans). It was fantastic!

They stayed in town until Sunday so after Thanksgiving we did some sight seeing.
First stop: OCEAN BEACH.

Jarid wanted to get sunset pictures at the beach so we headed over to Sunset Cliffs. (I forgot my sunglasses this day so I had to wear my spare pair. They are hideous so I felt like it needed an explanation.)Jarid got a couple of pretty cool pictures from our balcony that night.We spent the next day hanging out downtown.As you can tell, we had a lot of fun. It was nice to have them in town and to have a relaxing holiday.

I can't guarantee that I will be updating the blog that much this month due to all of the holiday planning. I'm trying to get in as many hours at work as possible and Dave is really busy studying for his finals. We will be back home for Christmas before you know it.

2 comments:

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

So fun that your dad and brother could come into town for Thanksgiving!! Looks like you guys had a great time together. Cool photos off the balcany and such of SD! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Mers said...

Looks like you had fun! I am SO excited for you guys to come to Utah for the break...we need to ski, party, watch movies, play games, sit in front of the piano while Dave plays, go to the Nutcracker, decorate gingerbread houses...the list goes on! I can't wait! It will be like I just got home from my mission but I won't be AS wierd!