Saturday, January 25, 2014

Midway Ice Castles

Today we went to the Ice Castles in Midway with my friend Jen and her family. I didn't know that they existed so I'm glad that Jen invited us because they were awesome.


On the way to the Ice Castles.

Bundled up and ready to go.

Bella and Maya deciding their next move. 

This was an ice slide that Maya loved and she would have spent the whole day going down it if we would have let her. 

Our family of 4.

I'm pretty sure Maya was getting Bella to cut in line with her to go down the ice slide again. 

Cade slept the whole time. 

We saw Olaf! I tried to get Maya to pose with him but she wouldn't. 

The girls loved the ice mazes. 

I thought they were pretty cool too.



Jake, Jen & Bella. Jen is one of the nicest people that I know and I'm lucky to have her as a friend. 


We saw the princesses from the movie 'Frozen' and guess who wouldn't pose with them? So, I decided I would pose with them instead. I have a couple of their business cards if you would like them to come entertain at one of your parties. 


Last picture at the Ice Castles and I couldn't get either girl to look at me and smile. 

As we were leaving we heard this clock playing 'Clair de Lune'. We thought that it was a large Swiss clock and since it was almost to the hour we decided to have the girls wait and watch for the little doors below to open so they could see something amazing happen. At the hour (which was wrong by the way, it was closer to 2pm), the song stopped playing, and nothing happened. Maya lost it! She really wanted to see the doors open. It took a while to calm her down after that but once we were in the car on the way home she fell asleep and balance was restored in the world. 

2 comments:

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

The ice castles look awesome! I have seen some friends post pictures on FB but yours are fabulous. Glad at least you took a picture with the princesses:). We tried to FaceTime this am probably when you were there so we will have to try again soon. Emily wanted to see Maya! Will have to show the kids this tomorrow!

Jennie said...

Fun! I've never seen these! Beautiful ... And brrrrrrrrr COLD!! ;)