Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Goodbye 2011!

This holiday season was extra special for me for two reasons: (a) we were celebrating in our house for the first time, and (b) because Maya was older and much more involved this year.
As a result of my excitement we had our decorations up by the end of November and our Christmas cards were in the mail by the 1st of December. I also forced Maya and Dave to listen to holiday music and watch as many Christmas movies as we could handle. In spite of a few bumps in the road we had a really great Christmas and New Year.

I wish I had more photos to share but things managed to get busy and I just forgot to take pictures. 


Dave & Ashlyne on Christmas Eve @ my dad's house.
Maya in her Christmas Eve pj's. My dad and Pat bought the little ones dolls with matching pajamas.

Maya & Ashlyne in their matching pj's. 

I love this picture of Ashlyne! Probably my favorite picture of the night! 

So nice to have my brother there this year! 

Santa brought Maya a play kitchen set. She loves it!

Maya was still sleepy. We enjoyed being able to sleep in this year!
Santa brought a Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head. 

Cute wrapping paper!

One pooped-out girl who refused to take a nap. 

Grandpa, Grandma, Aspen, Ashley & Aunt Pat.

Grandpa & Grandma Hartwell.

Mary Lou, Jennie and Dave talking with Meg on the iPad. 

Everyone saying hello to the Meadows since they were in San Antonio and couldn't be there in person with us. It was so nice to be able to Facetime with them this year!

Look who learned to open door handles. 

She was so tired but so excited to spend time with everyone. 

Dave, Miles and Maya putting together Legos. 

Dave got a ski helmet for Christmas. He needs to "protect his investment". 

Had to get a picture of Jackson's Mini Cooper shirt. 

This is the only photo I have from New Years right now. I left my camera at the Bekker's house on Christmas and haven't had a chance to copy the photos my mom took. As soon as I have those I will post them. 

1 comment:

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Love that you got a photo of us face timing--definitely made my holiday this year! The mini cooper shirt is great. Sounds like it was a fun first Christmas in your house:).