
My good friend Ben came down to visit this weekend. Fortunately the Santa Anna winds came in and gave us temperatures in the high eighties. We started off Friday by walking downtown, enjoying the restaurants and shops, and then going to the new 007 movie. It was really good and I highly suggest others going to see it. Afterwards we rocked out on rock band and then ate dinner at the Old Town Cafe, a famous Mexican restaurant. Of course we finished off our evening with some more rock band.
Saturday was even more hot and sunny. Shandie had to work so Ben and I drove up to Pacific Beach. We wanted to go surfing. I had never gone before and it was Ben's third time, but we were confident we could do it. Shandie told me earlier in the week that there was a huge surge and that we should be careful. The waves did end up being pretty big. In fact it got tossed around pretty hard by a wave that I swear was at least 15 feet high. But on the bright side of things, I got up on my very first try. Ben and I eventually traded in our long boards for shorter ones which made it a lot easier. We had no problem getting up, but were exhausted from paddling past such big waves. We had a blast and we'll be doing it again sometime soon.
Saturday night we headed up to Qualcomm stadium for the Utah - San Diego State football game. It was a blowout but it was fun to be able to go to at least one game of this epic season (it could be the best season they have ever had). On the way home we picked up a pizza and then sunk deep into the couch. Today we nurse our sore ribs and necks. Guess we don't have surfing muscles yet.
All in all it was a really fun trip. We had hoped James could have made it down but he got tied up last minute. Nonetheless, it was just like old times, having fun with Ben; but I'm not surprised. Ben is one of those friends that no matter how long it has been since we've hung out, we can just pick up where we left off, no problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment