Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today's Menu:

Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes (Holman recipe - thanks to Meg.)
Asparagus
Deviled Eggs
Cranberry Relish
Cherry Pie (Grandma Hartwell's recipe - a must have Thanksgiving treat.)
Biscuits


Pros of having Thanksgiving in San Diego:
I was able to sleep in and cook in my pajamas.

Cons of having Thanksgiving in San Diego:
We miss our family. It would have been so nice to be with everyone.


Here are some pictures of our lovely dinner.

This is the worst picture EVER but Dave and I laughed so hard when we saw it that I had to put it up. It's horrible. I hope it makes you laugh just as hard as we did.

First time using the china.

One more picture before we dig in.

Dessert. YUM!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can only leave a comment as anonymous because i don't have a log in thing!
yeah that picture of you is quite hilarious...nice hands. i miss you but it looks like you had a fun thanksgiving with your goofy husband. i can't believe you made all of that i'm so proud of you, however i can imagine you cooking and being pissed off if dave even attempted to walk in the kitchen. ha ha ha. love you
deryk

Anonymous said...

Hi Shandie,

I am really proud of you. I guess I taught you well in making a cherry pie. Missed you at Thanksgiving. Love you.

Grandma Hartwell

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Love the first photo--classic, and I am way impressed with how beautiful your pie looks! Glad you guys enjoyed being together away for Thanksgiving this year.